Tuesday, June 7, 2011

1/2 Marathon

About 3 weeks ago I ran my first half marathon and it was great. I never thought i would get to the point of enjoying to run but i actually really like running the long distances. And by long distances i mean around 12 miles :) Maybe somewhere down the road i will consider a marathon but that will have to be when my kids aren't young and i can actually have time to train and run longer distances more often. Not saying moms with young kids can't but its a little hard when i have a husband who is an extreme runner and i would rather support him them make him give up running time for me (he enjoys running WAY more than me). Running time consists of early early morning before the kids wake up and no im not gonna run with a jogging stroller. Its hard. But i would like to keep up the running as much as i can and maybe look for a race when Joe is finished with his 50 mile and 100 mile races this summer. Yes him, his brothers and mom are crazy for wanting to run that much but if thats what they enjoy:)

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! half marathon - woot woot! I don't understand 50 and 100 mile runs, crazay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lexie!! I'm so happy you have a blog!! So fun to see what you guys are up to and your cute kids. Way to go on the running!! It's hard to run. One day hopefully i'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexi I added an "e" to the end of your name sorry! i've gotten use to Macie!

    ReplyDelete